Report: Katherine Heigl to Be Discharged From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Words on the block are, Katherine Heigl and her Dr. Izzie Stevens will no longer be part of "Grey's Anatomy". The actress who took a three-month maternity leave was supposed to report back to duty on March 1 but she reportedly "was not there".
On further development, it is said that Heigl would like to be off her contract so that she can concentrate on her film career. EW reported that a final exit agreement between Heigl's camp and ABC Studios is underway. Creator Shonda Rhimes allegedly has also agreed to this release. If the deal goes through then the last appearance of Heigl's Izzie has already aired.
ABC is yet to give a comment on this, so is Rhimes. The show is five episodes away from the season finale. "I know I've been AWOL for the past few weeks. I'm in the midst of writing one finale and planning the other finale," Rhimes tweeted on Monday, March 8.
Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelley adopted a special needs baby girl named Nancy Leigh from Korea. She took a leave from the series to concentrate on being a mother. Also, she put the focus on starring in feature films such as "Life as We Know It" and "Killers" which are released this year.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'