Report: Katherine Heigl to Be Discharged From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Words on the block are, Katherine Heigl and her Dr. Izzie Stevens will no longer be part of "Grey's Anatomy". The actress who took a three-month maternity leave was supposed to report back to duty on March 1 but she reportedly "was not there".
On further development, it is said that Heigl would like to be off her contract so that she can concentrate on her film career. EW reported that a final exit agreement between Heigl's camp and ABC Studios is underway. Creator Shonda Rhimes allegedly has also agreed to this release. If the deal goes through then the last appearance of Heigl's Izzie has already aired.
ABC is yet to give a comment on this, so is Rhimes. The show is five episodes away from the season finale. "I know I've been AWOL for the past few weeks. I'm in the midst of writing one finale and planning the other finale," Rhimes tweeted on Monday, March 8.
Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelley adopted a special needs baby girl named Nancy Leigh from Korea. She took a leave from the series to concentrate on being a mother. Also, she put the focus on starring in feature films such as "Life as We Know It" and "Killers" which are released this year.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory