Report: Katherine Heigl to Be Discharged From 'Grey's Anatomy'
Words on the block are, Katherine Heigl and her Dr. Izzie Stevens will no longer be part of "Grey's Anatomy". The actress who took a three-month maternity leave was supposed to report back to duty on March 1 but she reportedly "was not there".
On further development, it is said that Heigl would like to be off her contract so that she can concentrate on her film career. EW reported that a final exit agreement between Heigl's camp and ABC Studios is underway. Creator Shonda Rhimes allegedly has also agreed to this release. If the deal goes through then the last appearance of Heigl's Izzie has already aired.
ABC is yet to give a comment on this, so is Rhimes. The show is five episodes away from the season finale. "I know I've been AWOL for the past few weeks. I'm in the midst of writing one finale and planning the other finale," Rhimes tweeted on Monday, March 8.
Katherine Heigl and her husband Josh Kelley adopted a special needs baby girl named Nancy Leigh from Korea. She took a leave from the series to concentrate on being a mother. Also, she put the focus on starring in feature films such as "Life as We Know It" and "Killers" which are released this year.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'