'Wall Street 2' and 'Smurfs' Pushed Back, 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D' Sets Release Date
Several studios have just made adjustments to the release schedule for the some of their movies. According to Box Office Mojo, 20th Century Fox has decided that "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" starring Shia LaBeouf and Michael Douglas is pushed back from its original slot of April 23 to September 24.
Fox additionally has announced that the production for "Alvin and the Chipmunks 3D" has started and release date for the film has been determined. This follow-up to "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" is planned to open wide in U.S. theaters on December 16, 2011.
Beside Fox, Columbia Pictures has also changed the release date for "The Smurfs" and "21 Jump Street". The 3-D animation featuring Neil Patrick Harris and Katy Perry on the cast ensemble is moved to August 3, 2011 after previously scheduled to hit theaters across the U.S. on July 29 the same year, while the movie adaptation of Johnny Depp-starring TV series is now set for winter 2012 release after initially filling August 5, 2011 slot.
In the meantime, another studio Lionsgate Films has set release date for two of their movies, "Buried" and "The Next Three Days". The drama thriller which has Ryan Reynolds as the lead actor will be dropped in theaters across the U.S. on September 24 this year. Meanwhile, the Russell Crowe-starring thriller which is directed, written and produced by Paul Haggis will be unleashed on November 19.
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement