OK Go Leaving EMI to Form Their Own Record Label
It has been confirmed that "Of the Blue Colour of the Sky", which was released in January this year, is OK Go's last release in EMI Music. Instead of signing to other recording companies, the band will continue making music under their own label, "a homemade upstart" called Paracadute.
"Paracadute is really just a way for the boys to continue doing what they've always done. Which is whatever they want. Being OK Go just got a little bit easier," so it was announced on the band's website. "As yet, there's no building, no logo, no employee manual. Just the band, some paperwork, and a bunch of insane ideas. Plus two dogs in suits. Exciting stuff."
Despite previous report suggesting OK Go had feud with the company over "no embed" policy for music videos which reportedly brought down the band's popularity, Capitol/EMI issued a statement, assuring that it's a "mutual agreement." They explained, "Neither our lawyers nor their lawyers have any hard feelings and, in fact, the split has been remarkably friendly."
"There are many wonderful people at the company who have worked very hard on our behalf, and we've become very close with them over the years. Even if the band hadn't signed a non-disparagement clause as part of the deal, we would have nothing bad to say. All joking aside, we're very thankful, and we wish them all the best."
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2