Corey Haim Offered 'Celebrity Fit Club' Spot Before Death
Before he died at the hand of prescription drugs, Corey Haim was approached by VH1 to take part on "Celebrity Fit Club". Unfortunately, the offer was rejected because if not, he could have made a difference today.
TMZ was the first to announce that the casting company wanted the actor to participate in a reality show, but the trade cited "Celebrity Rehab" instead of "Fit Club". Corey reportedly was "extremely defensive and insulted, saying, 'It's the last show I'd ever do'." A source said the 3-minute conversation ended with Corey saying, "I do not need help."
The truth is, Corey's agent said his client had plans to do reality show. Access Hollywood said it was a new show about a life coach that would bring his career back. The 38-year-old who starred in 1987 "The Lost Boys", also has some films under his belt including which he would direct.
On Wednesday, March 10, Corey Haim was found unresponsive by his mother in the apartment they shared. He was taken to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, California where he was pronounced dead at 12:15 A.M. Authorities found four prescription drugs inside his apartment but none was illegal. Corey has a history of drug abuse.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says