Heidi Montag Urges People to Shun Cosmetic Surgery
Undergoing 10 plastic surgeries in only one day doesn't mean that it will stop Heidi Montag from urging people not to do the same thing. In a new ad on Funny or Die, the 23-year-old reality TV star spoofs herself as she asks fellow stars to shun cosmetic surgery, especially when it is paid using credit cards, because credit card companies can leave Americans drowning in debt.
"If you're a reality TV star, chances are good that you'll one day have plastic surgery. It's also a for sure thing that you'll have to pay for that surgery with credit cards because you've spent all your 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' money on expensive purses, tiny dogs, and healing braces for your husband," says "The Hills" star on the ad. "With hidden fees and standard interest rate increases, that $11,000 jaw line can end up costing you upwards of $50,000!"
She further shows her concern for average citizens' protection, urging people to call their senator to form Consumer Financial Protection Agency which she believes "will stop banks and credit card companies from being such sleazy j**ks." She is then seen getting cozy in a bathtub with two photographs of the senators appearing behind her, as she says, "If you really want to get specific, call senators Chris Dodd and Richard Shelby."
The ad, which also features Heidi Montag's husband Spencer Pratt, is part of Americans for Financial Reform's campaign for urging Congress to have Consumer Financial Protection Agency. Heidi worked the ad with famous producer Ron Howard. On their collaboration, she told People, "I was honored to work with the amazing Ron Howard. He was even more incredible than I could have imagined - kind, generous, and made me feel so comfortable - he made me feel confident in my talent."
Heidi Montag Snubs Plastic Surgery Ad:
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic