Travis McCoy's First Solo Single 'Billionaire' Unleashed
Travis McCoy has a brand new solo single titled "Billionaire" coming out for listening pleasure. Debuted online on MTV.com, the track is confirmed to serve as the lead single from his forthcoming debut album "Lazarus".
"It's me talking about what would happen if I would somehow manage to become a billionaire. What would I do with the money?" he explained to MTV about what he wants to tell in the song. "Don't get it wrong, I'm far from a billionaire."
"I think I just made it out the 'thousandaire' category. So it's about what I would do with the money and, the same time, it opens up the question, if you were in a position to do something with a decent chunk of money, what would you do?"
Featuring Bruno Mars, the song has been sent to radios and put out for digital download. A companion video is currently in pre-production with a premiere date to be announced shortly.
Originally titled "The Lazarus Project", the album itself is planned to be released in the U.S. on June 8. Artists tagged to help Travis finishing the album include T-Pain, Detail (Akon, Lady GaGa), The Stereotypes (Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige) and Evan "Kidd" Bogart (Adam Lambert, Beyonce Knowles).
Currently, Travis McCoy is doing his first-ever solo tour, joining Photo Finish recording duo 3OH!3 and Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen labelmates Cobra Starship on "Too Fast for Love" tour. He is also scheduled to perform at South By Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, Texas on March 18 and 19.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones