Jason and Molly Wed on 'The Bachelor' Special
The first wedding from "The Bachelor" was aired in ABC on Monday, March 8, witnessing the union of Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney. The actual ceremony took place at Terranea Resort on the coast of Rancho Palos Verdes, California on February 27 but ABC added some extra footage from the nuptials with the bride's preparation, wrapping it within two hours.
The TV special showed some familiar faces from the reality show such as Trista and Ryan Sutter who were the first and only couple to get married on "The Bachelorette". There were also Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski as well as DeAnna Pappas and Stephen Stagliano. Charlie O'Connell and Sarah Brice who embarked on an on- and off- relationship were spotted together as a couple at the wedding.
Molly, wearing $45,000 strapless Monique Lhuillier gown and Neil Lane jewelry, walked down the long isle toward her husband-to-be. Jason Castro serenaded the walk with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and later that day, an actual rainbow showed up. Rain started to pouring down when Molly said her vow. However, they continued with smile and by the end of the 15-minute ceremony, they were both soaked. They walked back down the isle to enter the indoor party accompanied by Castro singing "That's What I'm Here For".
In the reception, guests were treated with candle-lit dinner organized by Jo Gartin of Love Luck and Angels. Gavin DeGraw was also present to sing "Follow Through". "Thanks to everyone for being so excited for us - we really appreciate the support!" Jason tweeted on Monday.
Some items from Jason and Molly's wedding are up for auction on eBay. The proceeds will benefit single parents on Project Parachute so that their children can get scholarships.
More The Bachelor News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group