Felicia Day Starring on SyFy's Version of 'Red Riding Hood'
Felicia Day is cast as the lead character of SyFy's re-imagining of "Little Red Riding Hood". The cable announced that the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alumna will portray a werewolf-hunting descendant of Little Red Riding Hood in the TV movie called "Red (2011)" which will debut next year.
According to the press release, SyFy's version will be the twisted story of the classic fairy tale. Day stars as Red who brings her fiance home to meet the family and learn about the business of hunting werewolves. "He's skeptical until bitten by a werewolf. When her family insists he must be killed, Red tries saving him," the synopsis is read. Beside Day, the film is also starring Kavan Smith and Stephen McHattie.
SyFy has been producing original movies which adapt stories from classics such as "Aladdin", "Hansel & Gretel" and "Sinbad and the Sailor". Late last month, the cable premiered the re-imagning story of "Beauty and the Beast".
Coincidentally, Warner Bros. Pictures is also developing a wide-screen version of "Red Riding Hood", calling it "The Girl with the Red Riding Hood". Amanda Seyfried has confirmed her being cast as the titular character. WB has not definite date yet but the studio also plans to release it in the U.S. in 2011.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer