Felicia Day Starring on SyFy's Version of 'Red Riding Hood'
Felicia Day is cast as the lead character of SyFy's re-imagining of "Little Red Riding Hood". The cable announced that the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alumna will portray a werewolf-hunting descendant of Little Red Riding Hood in the TV movie called "Red (2011)" which will debut next year.
According to the press release, SyFy's version will be the twisted story of the classic fairy tale. Day stars as Red who brings her fiance home to meet the family and learn about the business of hunting werewolves. "He's skeptical until bitten by a werewolf. When her family insists he must be killed, Red tries saving him," the synopsis is read. Beside Day, the film is also starring Kavan Smith and Stephen McHattie.
SyFy has been producing original movies which adapt stories from classics such as "Aladdin", "Hansel & Gretel" and "Sinbad and the Sailor". Late last month, the cable premiered the re-imagning story of "Beauty and the Beast".
Coincidentally, Warner Bros. Pictures is also developing a wide-screen version of "Red Riding Hood", calling it "The Girl with the Red Riding Hood". Amanda Seyfried has confirmed her being cast as the titular character. WB has not definite date yet but the studio also plans to release it in the U.S. in 2011.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!