Felicia Day Starring on SyFy's Version of 'Red Riding Hood'
Felicia Day is cast as the lead character of SyFy's re-imagining of "Little Red Riding Hood". The cable announced that the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alumna will portray a werewolf-hunting descendant of Little Red Riding Hood in the TV movie called "Red (2011)" which will debut next year.
According to the press release, SyFy's version will be the twisted story of the classic fairy tale. Day stars as Red who brings her fiance home to meet the family and learn about the business of hunting werewolves. "He's skeptical until bitten by a werewolf. When her family insists he must be killed, Red tries saving him," the synopsis is read. Beside Day, the film is also starring Kavan Smith and Stephen McHattie.
SyFy has been producing original movies which adapt stories from classics such as "Aladdin", "Hansel & Gretel" and "Sinbad and the Sailor". Late last month, the cable premiered the re-imagning story of "Beauty and the Beast".
Coincidentally, Warner Bros. Pictures is also developing a wide-screen version of "Red Riding Hood", calling it "The Girl with the Red Riding Hood". Amanda Seyfried has confirmed her being cast as the titular character. WB has not definite date yet but the studio also plans to release it in the U.S. in 2011.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant