Felicia Day Starring on SyFy's Version of 'Red Riding Hood'
Felicia Day is cast as the lead character of SyFy's re-imagining of "Little Red Riding Hood". The cable announced that the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alumna will portray a werewolf-hunting descendant of Little Red Riding Hood in the TV movie called "Red (2011)" which will debut next year.
According to the press release, SyFy's version will be the twisted story of the classic fairy tale. Day stars as Red who brings her fiance home to meet the family and learn about the business of hunting werewolves. "He's skeptical until bitten by a werewolf. When her family insists he must be killed, Red tries saving him," the synopsis is read. Beside Day, the film is also starring Kavan Smith and Stephen McHattie.
SyFy has been producing original movies which adapt stories from classics such as "Aladdin", "Hansel & Gretel" and "Sinbad and the Sailor". Late last month, the cable premiered the re-imagning story of "Beauty and the Beast".
Coincidentally, Warner Bros. Pictures is also developing a wide-screen version of "Red Riding Hood", calling it "The Girl with the Red Riding Hood". Amanda Seyfried has confirmed her being cast as the titular character. WB has not definite date yet but the studio also plans to release it in the U.S. in 2011.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes