T.I. Releases New Single 'I'm Back', Announcing Upcoming Album
Just as fellow rapper Lil Wayne headed up to jail on March 8, T.I. announces his comeback by releasing a post-prison single "I'm Back". The new material becomes his first release since leaving the facility and moving to a halfway house in December last year.
"I appreciate the support and how hard I was going in during the brief hiatus," T.I. said in a conference call. "I don't take it lightly. This marks a special day for us, because we putting out the first song off the album--not an official first single, just something to keep the streets warm."
"It's properly entitled 'I'm Back'. It's a lot of things that needed to be spoken on. In my absence, it was a lot of things that went down, a lot of matters that needed to be addressed. This was the greatest platform for me to do it. It was the first song I did when I came home. You get me fresh out the box going in. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it."
The album which working title is still under wraps is planned to come out on August 24, several months after T.I. is released from the halfway house. Around the same time, movie "Takers" in which the rapper plays one of the lead characters and serves as producer will also be released.
For the album, some renowned names such as Danja, The Runners, The-Dream and Trey Songz reportedly have been recruited. New music talents are also involved in the making of the record.
"I'm Back" can be streamed on T.I.'s official site.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'