T.I. Releases New Single 'I'm Back', Announcing Upcoming Album
Just as fellow rapper Lil Wayne headed up to jail on March 8, T.I. announces his comeback by releasing a post-prison single "I'm Back". The new material becomes his first release since leaving the facility and moving to a halfway house in December last year.
"I appreciate the support and how hard I was going in during the brief hiatus," T.I. said in a conference call. "I don't take it lightly. This marks a special day for us, because we putting out the first song off the album--not an official first single, just something to keep the streets warm."
"It's properly entitled 'I'm Back'. It's a lot of things that needed to be spoken on. In my absence, it was a lot of things that went down, a lot of matters that needed to be addressed. This was the greatest platform for me to do it. It was the first song I did when I came home. You get me fresh out the box going in. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it."
The album which working title is still under wraps is planned to come out on August 24, several months after T.I. is released from the halfway house. Around the same time, movie "Takers" in which the rapper plays one of the lead characters and serves as producer will also be released.
For the album, some renowned names such as Danja, The Runners, The-Dream and Trey Songz reportedly have been recruited. New music talents are also involved in the making of the record.
"I'm Back" can be streamed on T.I.'s official site.
More T.I. News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?