2010 Oscars: The Academy Defends Farrah Fawcett 'In Memoriam' Exclusion
After receiving critics from some celebrities for snubbing Farrah Fawcett from the "In Memoriam" tribute, the Academy has spoken up and offered their explanation. Speaking on behalf of the show bosses, Oscars executive director Bruce Davis claims it is impossible to include every star who died last year in the montage.
"It is the single most troubling element of the Oscar show every year," Davis states, defending their decision. "Because more people die each year than can possibly be included in that segment. You are dropping people who the public knows. It's just not comfortable."
Soon after seeing Fawcett excluded from the Oscars montage during the 2010 Academy Awards on Sunday, March 7, her fellow celebrities went online to express their shock. "And where was Farrah Fawcett? She should have been included," Jane Fonda tweeted, while film critic Roger Ebert wrote, "No Farrah Fawcett in the memorial tribute? Major fail."
Moreover, Fawcett's actor lover Ryan O'Neal said he cannot understand why the Academy omitted her from the segment, saying "I'm just as confused as everyone about it. They have to explain it, I can't." He even revealed his plan to write a letter to the Academy to utter his disappointment about her omission, hoping "Maybe next year they'll slip her in!"
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up