Brooke Burke Is the New 'DWTS' Co-Host
During "Good Morning America" Monday, March 8 telecast, ABC announced that Brooke Burke is the new co-host of "Dancing with the Stars". Burke won the run to be the replacement of Samantha Harris who quit in January to focus on other projects.
"Brooke Burke is my new co-host as Samantha Harris has gone on to more of her responsibilities at The Insider and [Entertainment Tonight]," the show's host Tom Bergeron announced. Burke will begin her new duty on March 22 when the show premieres the tenth season.
Burke, partnering with Derek Hough, was the winner of "DWTS" season 7. "She'll be able to talk to the couples backstage with the perspective of having been through it herself," Bergeron said. In winning the slot, Burke reportedly had to beat Vanessa Minnillo, Melanie Brown and Melissa Rycroft in the screen-test.
This, however, will not be Burke's first job as a host. She led several E! shows like "Wild On" and most recently TV Land's "She's Got the Look".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo