Brooke Burke Is the New 'DWTS' Co-Host
During "Good Morning America" Monday, March 8 telecast, ABC announced that Brooke Burke is the new co-host of "Dancing with the Stars". Burke won the run to be the replacement of Samantha Harris who quit in January to focus on other projects.
"Brooke Burke is my new co-host as Samantha Harris has gone on to more of her responsibilities at The Insider and [Entertainment Tonight]," the show's host Tom Bergeron announced. Burke will begin her new duty on March 22 when the show premieres the tenth season.
Burke, partnering with Derek Hough, was the winner of "DWTS" season 7. "She'll be able to talk to the couples backstage with the perspective of having been through it herself," Bergeron said. In winning the slot, Burke reportedly had to beat Vanessa Minnillo, Melanie Brown and Melissa Rycroft in the screen-test.
This, however, will not be Burke's first job as a host. She led several E! shows like "Wild On" and most recently TV Land's "She's Got the Look".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video