Brooke Burke Is the New 'DWTS' Co-Host
During "Good Morning America" Monday, March 8 telecast, ABC announced that Brooke Burke is the new co-host of "Dancing with the Stars". Burke won the run to be the replacement of Samantha Harris who quit in January to focus on other projects.
"Brooke Burke is my new co-host as Samantha Harris has gone on to more of her responsibilities at The Insider and [Entertainment Tonight]," the show's host Tom Bergeron announced. Burke will begin her new duty on March 22 when the show premieres the tenth season.
Burke, partnering with Derek Hough, was the winner of "DWTS" season 7. "She'll be able to talk to the couples backstage with the perspective of having been through it herself," Bergeron said. In winning the slot, Burke reportedly had to beat Vanessa Minnillo, Melanie Brown and Melissa Rycroft in the screen-test.
This, however, will not be Burke's first job as a host. She led several E! shows like "Wild On" and most recently TV Land's "She's Got the Look".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations