Brooke Burke Is the New 'DWTS' Co-Host
During "Good Morning America" Monday, March 8 telecast, ABC announced that Brooke Burke is the new co-host of "Dancing with the Stars". Burke won the run to be the replacement of Samantha Harris who quit in January to focus on other projects.
"Brooke Burke is my new co-host as Samantha Harris has gone on to more of her responsibilities at The Insider and [Entertainment Tonight]," the show's host Tom Bergeron announced. Burke will begin her new duty on March 22 when the show premieres the tenth season.
Burke, partnering with Derek Hough, was the winner of "DWTS" season 7. "She'll be able to talk to the couples backstage with the perspective of having been through it herself," Bergeron said. In winning the slot, Burke reportedly had to beat Vanessa Minnillo, Melanie Brown and Melissa Rycroft in the screen-test.
This, however, will not be Burke's first job as a host. She led several E! shows like "Wild On" and most recently TV Land's "She's Got the Look".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance