Paul Greengrass Opens Possibility to Return to 'Bourne 4'
Paul Greengrass has indeed announced that he has parted ways with "Bourne 4", but the helmer apparently still has his heart set on the franchise. Speaking to IGN, he admitted that Universal Pictures should make another "Bourne" film and he would love to be involved in the project but it all depends on the studio's decision.
"They need to make one," Greengrass stated, before adding "And I wish them nothing but success in the future and if they want me to be involved in some way then I will, if they want to do a prequel or whatever, but as far as I know nothing is decided and it's not my business."
Clearing up speculation that he left the project because he and Universal could not agree over the script, he explained "People said there was a row -- I promise to god there wasn't. People said I hadn't seen the script which was not the case. The truth was my heart had never really been in it. I thought I'd done two, but I felt I didn't really have anything to say or ways to develop it. I'm very conscious of the fact that I don't own 'Bourne', I didn't make the first one, my two certainly took it off into a strong direction, but it's Universal's franchise."
"When I think of a 'Bourne' film -- this is what I told them -- I think of one five years down the road, when I will have got to a place of thinking, 'Actually, what has happened to Jason Bourne since 'Ultimatum'?' But the point is -- understandably -- it's their franchise and that doesn't work for them," he further told IGN.
Paul Greengrass confirmed that he pulled out of untitled Bourne 4 project in late 2009, claiming "My decision to not return a third time as director is simply about feeling the call for a different challenge. There's been no disagreement with Universal Pictures."
Meanwhile, Matt Damon, who is expected to reprise his role of Jason Bourne in the next installment, was adamant that he will wait for the helmer, saying "I'll just wait for him and when he wants to do one, we'll do it. I think it will happen down the road. We just don't have a script right now."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch