Justin Timberlake and Prince Up for Michael Jackson Tribute Show
Recent report suggested that Justin Timberlake and Prince have been booked to perform at a tribute show dedicated for Michael Jackson. The upcoming gig reportedly is initiated by Jermaine Jackson and will include Santana on the performers line-up.
"The best way and most suitable way is to assemble the world's largest tribute in history that is only fitting to a man who moved the hearts and souls of an unimaginable amount," Jermaine said as quoted by Undercover. Additionally, the older brother of the King of Pop was said to have signed Janet Jackson to fill the vacant slot in the Jackson Five during the tribute.
The gig is expected to take place at Wembley Arena in London on June 8 and rumored to be broadcast globally. Other rumored performers include Shakira, Earth Wind and Fire, Usher, Nelson Mandela, Jennifer Hudson, Whitney Houston, Jabbawockeez, Seal and Ne-Yo. There is no official confirmation regarding the report as the official site of Michael Jackson tribute show still mentions the gig as a "coming soon" event.
Jermaine Jackson has planned the tribute show since last year. It was originally planned to be held in London before then moved to Vienna and postponed until 2010 after organizer struggled to get stars to perform at short notice. The gig was then canceled after its main sponsor decided to back out of the project.
More Michael Jackson News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert