Confirmed: 'Fringe' Gets Season 3
"Fringe" will be back for another season despite not being stellar in rating. FOX has ordered a third season of the sci-fi series created by J.J. Abrams and Alex Kurtzman although the number of episodes is not disclosed.
In its second season, "Fringe" is averaging just 7.6 million viewers. Although the number is high for a major network, it is still considerably low compared to other FOX shows such as its Thursday partner "Bones" and "24". However, since it was paired with "Bones", "Fringe" has proven to be a solid Thursday night line-up for the network.
"People haven't abandoned Fringe," FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter last week. "It just may have moved to their second choice; they're picking it up on their DVRs or Hulu. When there's wiggle room in time period, they come back."
The show is taking a hiatus to give "Past Life" a chance to show itself. However, FOX has pulled the plug on the new show and will return "Fringe" on air on April 1 at 9/8c with new episodes.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says