Confirmed: 'Fringe' Gets Season 3
"Fringe" will be back for another season despite not being stellar in rating. FOX has ordered a third season of the sci-fi series created by J.J. Abrams and Alex Kurtzman although the number of episodes is not disclosed.
In its second season, "Fringe" is averaging just 7.6 million viewers. Although the number is high for a major network, it is still considerably low compared to other FOX shows such as its Thursday partner "Bones" and "24". However, since it was paired with "Bones", "Fringe" has proven to be a solid Thursday night line-up for the network.
"People haven't abandoned Fringe," FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter last week. "It just may have moved to their second choice; they're picking it up on their DVRs or Hulu. When there's wiggle room in time period, they come back."
The show is taking a hiatus to give "Past Life" a chance to show itself. However, FOX has pulled the plug on the new show and will return "Fringe" on air on April 1 at 9/8c with new episodes.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle