Confirmed: 'Fringe' Gets Season 3
"Fringe" will be back for another season despite not being stellar in rating. FOX has ordered a third season of the sci-fi series created by J.J. Abrams and Alex Kurtzman although the number of episodes is not disclosed.
In its second season, "Fringe" is averaging just 7.6 million viewers. Although the number is high for a major network, it is still considerably low compared to other FOX shows such as its Thursday partner "Bones" and "24". However, since it was paired with "Bones", "Fringe" has proven to be a solid Thursday night line-up for the network.
"People haven't abandoned Fringe," FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter last week. "It just may have moved to their second choice; they're picking it up on their DVRs or Hulu. When there's wiggle room in time period, they come back."
The show is taking a hiatus to give "Past Life" a chance to show itself. However, FOX has pulled the plug on the new show and will return "Fringe" on air on April 1 at 9/8c with new episodes.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation