Confirmed: 'Fringe' Gets Season 3
"Fringe" will be back for another season despite not being stellar in rating. FOX has ordered a third season of the sci-fi series created by J.J. Abrams and Alex Kurtzman although the number of episodes is not disclosed.
In its second season, "Fringe" is averaging just 7.6 million viewers. Although the number is high for a major network, it is still considerably low compared to other FOX shows such as its Thursday partner "Bones" and "24". However, since it was paired with "Bones", "Fringe" has proven to be a solid Thursday night line-up for the network.
"People haven't abandoned Fringe," FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly told The Hollywood Reporter last week. "It just may have moved to their second choice; they're picking it up on their DVRs or Hulu. When there's wiggle room in time period, they come back."
The show is taking a hiatus to give "Past Life" a chance to show itself. However, FOX has pulled the plug on the new show and will return "Fringe" on air on April 1 at 9/8c with new episodes.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo