Artist of the Week: Gorillaz
As a follow-up to their two previous albums which went platinum, Gorillaz are gearing up to release "Plastic Beach". This virtual band are going to release their new album in the United States on March 9.
As their first treatment before the album comes out, they released "an electro-ish 'crack funk' sound" called "Stylo". Of the single, Murdoc Niccals told NME, "I wanted the music to feel euphoric, whilst still putting across how precarious our tightly packed situation is now, worldwide. Where we're at as a species on this overpopulated planet."
Featuring Bobby Womack and Mos Def, the track made its way out in January and peaked at No. 25 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart. Its music video was debuted two months later, seeing Bruce Willis playing an assailant who chases 2D, Murdoc and Noodle down the desert road.
Beside Bobby Womack and Mos Def, there are also Snoop Dogg, Little Dragon, Gruff Rhys, De La Soul, Mike Jones and Lou Reed lending their vocal. With a boost from those musicians, the record could make a notable debut on Billboard Hot 200.
Gorillaz are scheduled to headline the third day of the 11th Annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 18. They will be joined by the likes of B.o.B., Thom Yorke's new band Atoms for Peace, Matt and Kim, Florence and the Machine and Pavement.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?