Artist of the Week: Gorillaz
As a follow-up to their two previous albums which went platinum, Gorillaz are gearing up to release "Plastic Beach". This virtual band are going to release their new album in the United States on March 9.
As their first treatment before the album comes out, they released "an electro-ish 'crack funk' sound" called "Stylo". Of the single, Murdoc Niccals told NME, "I wanted the music to feel euphoric, whilst still putting across how precarious our tightly packed situation is now, worldwide. Where we're at as a species on this overpopulated planet."
Featuring Bobby Womack and Mos Def, the track made its way out in January and peaked at No. 25 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart. Its music video was debuted two months later, seeing Bruce Willis playing an assailant who chases 2D, Murdoc and Noodle down the desert road.
Beside Bobby Womack and Mos Def, there are also Snoop Dogg, Little Dragon, Gruff Rhys, De La Soul, Mike Jones and Lou Reed lending their vocal. With a boost from those musicians, the record could make a notable debut on Billboard Hot 200.
Gorillaz are scheduled to headline the third day of the 11th Annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 18. They will be joined by the likes of B.o.B., Thom Yorke's new band Atoms for Peace, Matt and Kim, Florence and the Machine and Pavement.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked