Two Actors Out of 'Captain America' Competition
Scott Porter has announced that he has lost his chance to be the lead actor in "The First Avenger: Captain America". On Friday, March 5, the "Friday Night Lights" star posted a statement on his Facebook, mentioning "aint Cap. Thank you all for the prayers though, I appreciate them all so very much though!!"
The day before, another contender, Michael Cassidy, has also informed that he was not chosen to be the depicter of the superhero. "No Captain America for me," so the "Smallville" actor wrote on his Twitter page.
Now, the short list of "Captain America" leaves four names on the run for the coveted role. Those who are still hoping to take the part are Chace Crawford ("Gossip Girl"), John Krasinski ("The Office"), Mike Vogel ("Cloverfield") and Patrick Flueger ("The 4400").
Earlier this week, it was reported that the decision of who playing Captain America will be announced within the next few weeks as the film is set to start production on June 28. To support the cast ensemble, Marvel Studios has opened casting call to search supporting actors, day players and extras.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will follow Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston is on board to direct while Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus write the script. Kevin Feige produces this action movie which eyes July 22, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?