'Community', 'The Office' and '30 Rock' Renewed
On Friday, March 5, NBC announces that its Thursday comedies, "Community", "The Office" and "30 Rock" will be back for another season. The Peacock has previously revealed too that another Thursday line-up "Parks and Recreation" has been renewed.
"We are happy to give these early pickups to these critically acclaimed, incredibly funny comedies," said Angela Bromstad, NBC's prime-time entertainment president. "As a result, we look forward to continuing our rewarding partnership with the respective creative teams and talented show-runners for '30 Rock', 'The Office' and 'Community' as they all consistently deliver quality shows."
Cast of "Community" has since invaded Twitter to reveal their excitement for season 2. "We just got called into the make-up trailer and told that WE GOT PICKED UP FOR A SECOND SEASON!!! Yay! More #Community next year, guys! :)" Yvette Nicole Brown tweeted. Meanwhile, Danny Pudi wrote, "Drizzle drizzle! NBC picked us up for Season 2 of Greendale shennanigans. Thank YOU for watching and Thank YOU cast/crew for the best job!"
On another news, NBC recently confirmed that it would air the Primetime Emmy Awards live on both coasts this August.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4