Katy Perry to Be One of 'The Smurfs'
Katy Perry has landed her first job in movie. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker has signed on to star in "The Smurfs", but the character that will be tackled by her is still being discussed. Variety reported that she will likely provide the voice for Smurfette.
Beside Katy, Jonathan Winters, George Lopez and Alan Cumming are also set to enter the blue world. The three have been hired to tackle the roles of Papa Smurf, Gutsy Smurf and Grouchy Smurf respectively.
They all join Neil Patrick Harris who has been cast earlier, not as one of the diminutive blue beings, but as the primary live-action character. The actor will shoot his part in April when he will be on hiatus from his CBS series "How I Met Your Mother".
Based on comic book series, "The Smurfs" is a story about the adventures of a mythical race of little blue creatures in medieval times that must deal with each other and humans, particularly an evil wizard obsessed with capturing them for his own sinister purposes. The upcoming family animation is planned to be released in July 29, 2011 after being pushed back from its original slot of December 17, 2010.
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups