Katy Perry to Be One of 'The Smurfs'
Katy Perry has landed her first job in movie. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker has signed on to star in "The Smurfs", but the character that will be tackled by her is still being discussed. Variety reported that she will likely provide the voice for Smurfette.
Beside Katy, Jonathan Winters, George Lopez and Alan Cumming are also set to enter the blue world. The three have been hired to tackle the roles of Papa Smurf, Gutsy Smurf and Grouchy Smurf respectively.
They all join Neil Patrick Harris who has been cast earlier, not as one of the diminutive blue beings, but as the primary live-action character. The actor will shoot his part in April when he will be on hiatus from his CBS series "How I Met Your Mother".
Based on comic book series, "The Smurfs" is a story about the adventures of a mythical race of little blue creatures in medieval times that must deal with each other and humans, particularly an evil wizard obsessed with capturing them for his own sinister purposes. The upcoming family animation is planned to be released in July 29, 2011 after being pushed back from its original slot of December 17, 2010.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date