Real-Life Wolves Used in 'True Blood' Season 3
Alan Ball works on "True Blood" so seriously that real-life wolves are brought into the set so that the animal state of werewolves can be depicted close to the real ones. Stephen Moyer who plays vampire Bill said the third season's story is full of the furry creature. "Yeah!" he told MTV News. "I've had to work with wolves. I like werewolves. I love that aspect of the show. It's going to be amazing this year."
The actor spoke further about the involvement of the wild animals. "I've been working with real wolves and I mean you don't get to do that very often," he said. "We've got real wolves in the show amazing. They're beautiful and huge and wild and they feel like they're the size of lions. It's unbelievable."
When asked how this werewolves thing will infuse into the story, Moyer could only say, "Well, I don't know if you don't know very much about the books, but the story is there is a guy who comes in to help Sookie and he will be apart of that gang. I don't want to give anything away!"
As the production was kicked late last year, Joe Manganiello was cast as werewolf Alcide. The character is Sookie's aid in finding Bill who was kidnapped at the end of season 2. In the book by Charlaine Harris, Alcide is summoned by Eric and will have a fling with Sookie. However, Alcide is emotionally attached to his on and off girlfriend Debbie Pelt, played by Brit Morgan.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival