Jessica Biel May Join Richard Gere in 'State of the Union'
Jessica Biel could be in negotiation to take a role in "State of the Union", Coming Soon has learned. It has not been known what character that is offered to the 28-year-old beauty but Inside Movies suggests that she may be up for the role of the crafty newspaper manager having an affair with the lead character, and who encourages him to make his presidential run.
The project will reunite her with director Garry Marshall, with whom she worked together for romantic comedy "Valentine's Day". Additionally, should the report is true and the deal is sealed, Biel will share screen with Richard Gere and Annette Bening. The "Pretty Woman" actor is said being tapped to play Spencer Tracy while the "American Beauty" actress reportedly is billed to be his wife.
A remake of Frank Capra's 1948 political drama of the same title, "State of the Union" revolves around a businessman who must reunite with his estranged wife in order to improve his campaign run for the President of the United States. The new screenplay is written by Rod Lurie, but it is still not clear whether the film will be Marshall's next project after box-office film "Valentine's Day".
Former model Jessica Biel is best known for her portrayal of Mary Camden in drama series "7th Heaven" when she was still 14 years old. She has appeared in a number of films such as "The Illusionist", "Next", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and "Easy Virtue". She can be next seen starring in "The A-Team" which will come in U.S. theaters on June 11.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance