'American Idol' Eliminates Haeley Vaughn and Three More
For giving bad performances two weeks in a row, Haeley Vaughn, Jermaine Sellers, John Park and Michelle Delamor have all been sent home. "American Idol" viewers voted that these four should not advance to the next round. The ninth season is now wilted down to eight guys and eight girls.
The departure of Haeley, Jermaine and John were somehow expected since they received nasty comments from the judges this week. But Michelle actually got praises from Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell. Kara called Michelle's rendition of Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" her favorite performance while Simon applauded her effort of not choosing a safe song.
Dodging the bullet and given another shot at the competition are thus Tim Urban and Didi Benami. The former has been criticized for not being good enough yet garnered votes for his looks. The latter was on the verge of tears when hearing the judges' comments on this week's performance.
Before Ryan Seacrest announced the names who departed this week, the Top 20 teamed up for a lip-synch of Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling". Next week, the girls will perform on Tuesday, followed by the guys the day after.
More American Idol News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding