'American Idol' Eliminates Haeley Vaughn and Three More
For giving bad performances two weeks in a row, Haeley Vaughn, Jermaine Sellers, John Park and Michelle Delamor have all been sent home. "American Idol" viewers voted that these four should not advance to the next round. The ninth season is now wilted down to eight guys and eight girls.
The departure of Haeley, Jermaine and John were somehow expected since they received nasty comments from the judges this week. But Michelle actually got praises from Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell. Kara called Michelle's rendition of Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" her favorite performance while Simon applauded her effort of not choosing a safe song.
Dodging the bullet and given another shot at the competition are thus Tim Urban and Didi Benami. The former has been criticized for not being good enough yet garnered votes for his looks. The latter was on the verge of tears when hearing the judges' comments on this week's performance.
Before Ryan Seacrest announced the names who departed this week, the Top 20 teamed up for a lip-synch of Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling". Next week, the girls will perform on Tuesday, followed by the guys the day after.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed