'American Idol' Eliminates Haeley Vaughn and Three More
For giving bad performances two weeks in a row, Haeley Vaughn, Jermaine Sellers, John Park and Michelle Delamor have all been sent home. "American Idol" viewers voted that these four should not advance to the next round. The ninth season is now wilted down to eight guys and eight girls.
The departure of Haeley, Jermaine and John were somehow expected since they received nasty comments from the judges this week. But Michelle actually got praises from Kara DioGuardi and Simon Cowell. Kara called Michelle's rendition of Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" her favorite performance while Simon applauded her effort of not choosing a safe song.
Dodging the bullet and given another shot at the competition are thus Tim Urban and Didi Benami. The former has been criticized for not being good enough yet garnered votes for his looks. The latter was on the verge of tears when hearing the judges' comments on this week's performance.
Before Ryan Seacrest announced the names who departed this week, the Top 20 teamed up for a lip-synch of Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling". Next week, the girls will perform on Tuesday, followed by the guys the day after.
More American Idol News
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'