Dakota Fanning Singing 'Cherry Bomb' for 'The Runaways'
One of The Runaways' songs which is re-recorded for biopic of the same name has hit the web. Titled "Cherry Bomb", the remixed track is performed by Dakota Fanning, the actress who plays Cherie Currie in the upcoming movie.
Dakota Fanning will also lend her voice for The Runaways' three other revamped tracks. One is "California Paradise" which she sings solo and the other two, "Queens of Noise" and "Dead End Justice", have her teaming up with her co-star Kristen Stewart.
Beside including cover songs, three original tunes from The Runaways also appear in the tracklisting of the soundtrack album. Some other singles which are also included in the score are Sex Pistols' "Pretty Vacant" and David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel". The compilation set has been made for pre-order in digital retails but will not arrive in stores until March 23.
"The Runaways" movie itself is scheduled to open wide in theaters across the United States on March 19. It will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. While Dakota Fanning portrays lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie, Kristen Stewart tackles the role of guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush