Dakota Fanning Singing 'Cherry Bomb' for 'The Runaways'
One of The Runaways' songs which is re-recorded for biopic of the same name has hit the web. Titled "Cherry Bomb", the remixed track is performed by Dakota Fanning, the actress who plays Cherie Currie in the upcoming movie.
Dakota Fanning will also lend her voice for The Runaways' three other revamped tracks. One is "California Paradise" which she sings solo and the other two, "Queens of Noise" and "Dead End Justice", have her teaming up with her co-star Kristen Stewart.
Beside including cover songs, three original tunes from The Runaways also appear in the tracklisting of the soundtrack album. Some other singles which are also included in the score are Sex Pistols' "Pretty Vacant" and David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel". The compilation set has been made for pre-order in digital retails but will not arrive in stores until March 23.
"The Runaways" movie itself is scheduled to open wide in theaters across the United States on March 19. It will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. While Dakota Fanning portrays lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie, Kristen Stewart tackles the role of guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival