'Green Lantern' and 'Deathly Hallows: Part II' to Be Released in 3-D
More films are getting 3-D treatment. Following The 20th Century Fox's "Avatar" which successfully makes a lot of money by hitting 3-D theaters, Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that some of its upcoming films will get such treatment.
"Green Lantern" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" are just two of the movies which are confirmed to be released in 3-D. The Ryan Reynolds-starring superhero movie was initially planned to be made into 2-D while the latest installment of the "Harry Potter" film franchise has been rumored to get the same treatment which will also be applied to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I".
Moreover, the studio reveals that "Sucker Punch" which is directed by Zack Snyder will apply the same technology. Beside the Vanessa Hudgens-starring action comedy, another film by Snyder "Legend of the Guardians" is also going to hit 3-D theaters.
"Green Lantern" reportedly has begun test shooting on March 3 before kicking off principal photography later this month for June 17, 2011 release. Meanwhile, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" which is set for July 15, 2011 release has been shot back to back with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" that will hit U.S. theaters on November 19 this year.
As of "Sucker Punch", it is aimed to get a PG-13 rating and is slated to be dropped in theaters across the U.S. on March 25, 2011. The animation debut of Synder "Legend of the Guardians", in the meantime, is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on September 24.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern