Selena Gomez Coming to 'Monte Carlo'
Fox 2000 has brought Selena Gomez to "Monte Carlo". Variety reports that the actress has signed on to star in the femme comedy, tackling one of three major characters. However, further details about her character are yet to be revealed.
Beside Gomez, the studio is said approaching "Gossip Girl" actress Leighton Meester to star in the movie but the deal has not been sealed. Moreover, the Disney cutie may share screen with Nicole Kidman as the 42-year-old beauty may have a supporting role in the film.
Kidman will produce "Monte Carlo" alongside Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan. Thomas Bezucha, who previously directed "The Family Stone", is set to serve behind the lens when the film starts production in May in Monaco, Budapest and Paris.
"Monte Carlo" is adapted from Jules Bass' novel "Headhunters" about a group of American women who ditch a disappointing no-frills holiday in Paris and pose as wealthy women vacationing in Monaco. However, the updated script which is co-written by Bezucha and April Blair has put a younger spin on the story, with two of the characters in college and one just out of high school.
Selena Gomez is famously known for her portrayal of Alex Russo in Disney's TV series "Wizards of Waverly Place". She later reprises her role in the film adaptation, "Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie". She can be seen soon in "Ramona and Beezus" which will open wide in U.S. theaters on July 23.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service