Selena Gomez Coming to 'Monte Carlo'
Fox 2000 has brought Selena Gomez to "Monte Carlo". Variety reports that the actress has signed on to star in the femme comedy, tackling one of three major characters. However, further details about her character are yet to be revealed.
Beside Gomez, the studio is said approaching "Gossip Girl" actress Leighton Meester to star in the movie but the deal has not been sealed. Moreover, the Disney cutie may share screen with Nicole Kidman as the 42-year-old beauty may have a supporting role in the film.
Kidman will produce "Monte Carlo" alongside Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan. Thomas Bezucha, who previously directed "The Family Stone", is set to serve behind the lens when the film starts production in May in Monaco, Budapest and Paris.
"Monte Carlo" is adapted from Jules Bass' novel "Headhunters" about a group of American women who ditch a disappointing no-frills holiday in Paris and pose as wealthy women vacationing in Monaco. However, the updated script which is co-written by Bezucha and April Blair has put a younger spin on the story, with two of the characters in college and one just out of high school.
Selena Gomez is famously known for her portrayal of Alex Russo in Disney's TV series "Wizards of Waverly Place". She later reprises her role in the film adaptation, "Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie". She can be seen soon in "Ramona and Beezus" which will open wide in U.S. theaters on July 23.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences