Movie Stars Interview Each Other on Oprah Oscar Special
In celebration of the upcoming Oscars, Oprah Winfrey hosted a TV special that sees high profile celebrities interviewing each other. Aired on Wednesday, March 3, "The Oprah Winfrey Oscar Special" also brought audience to the set of "Avatar" with James Cameron as personal guide.
Cameron sat on the same couch as his record-breaking sci-fi movie's stars Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver to talk about the movie's nine nominations. On another segment, Ben Affleck had a one-on-one session with the star of "The Hurt Locker", Jeremy Renner. The movie directed by Cameron's ex-wife Katheryn Bigalow is also up for nine nominations.
Meanwhile over in New York City, Halle Berry sat comfortably with Penelope Cruz who is nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for "Nine". Halle, through "Monster's Ball", was the first African-American woman to ever win an Oscar for Best Actress. Last year, Cruz took the Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona".
Then there was also the legendary pair Michael Douglas and Glenn Close. These veteran actors sat inside a movie theater to recall their hey days as the stars of "Fatal Attraction". The 1987 movie received six Academy Award nominations, including that for Best Picture and Best Actress for Close. The actress remembered reading the script and got chills. "I read it in one sitting, and, when I finished, my temperature had lowered. I mean, I felt cold coming out of it," Close said.
Parts of the Oscar Special:
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding