Optimus and Bumblebee to Get Makeovers for 'Transformers 3'
As "Transformers 3" film will focus on the characters, two robots are going to be updated. In an an exclusive interview Sunday, February 28 at the Visual Effects Society Awards in Century City, California, animation supervisor Scott Benza revealed that Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are going to get makeovers to adjust the characters' development.
"Our two lead characters, Optimus and Bumblebee, needed to be updated for the next chapter in the 'Transformers' series," he said as quoted by SCI FI Wire, before explaining how Bumblebee will be different in the third film "Bumblebee's matured a little bit, so I would just say look for subtle changes to his physique that have him look more mature."
As for Optimus, the makeover will make the character looks more like a badass as Scott claimed, "We always want the robots to look cooler than they did the last time, so he's going to look a little more heroic, I would say." However, he added that the changes to Optimus may be unnoticed, saying "[Optimus will have] little tiny things that maybe the average viewer isn't going to notice but probably the fanboys will."
"You actually will run into pieces that are maybe always in the way, and wouldn't it be nice if that part wasn't there? Maybe you make a shift in the shoulder, in the chest or what have you," he further detailed about Optimus' updates. "So it might be proportioning, but it also might be for usability, so [the animators'] task could be easier, too."
Recently, "Transformers" movie series executive producer and Hasbro head Brian Goldner explained that Michael Bay is working on the idea for the storyline that will focus on the core mythology from the Autobots and Decepticons' history. "What we're really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling," he told MTV.
Bay is set to return to direct "Transformers 3", while Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox have been tapped to reprise their roles as Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes. This follow-up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", which is slated for July 1, 2011 U.S. release, will see action sequences shot in Chicago and Moscow.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic