'Tron Legacy' Releases New Image, Could Be a Beginning of Trilogy
Another sneak peek at "Tron Legacy" has been shared in a new image. On Tuesday, March 2, Walt Disney Pictures has, through the film's Facebook page, released a still which gives a close look at Flynn's Arcade with Garrett Hedlund's Sam Flynn, who is seen in rearview mirror, arriving in front of the building with motorcycle.
The day before, Disney has also provided another image from the upcoming movie. The picture does not feature any character but gives a shot of a street with the abandoned arcade seen on the left side. Both stills are taken from the trailer which was previewed during a secret screening on Saturday, February 27.
In another news, it was recently reported that the studio plans to make another two sequels if "Tron Legacy" is a success at the Box Office, making it as the beginning of a trilogy. "If all goes according to plan you could see this as the first in a trilogy of films that start with the word Tron and end somewhere else... Legacy is only the beginning. There are preliminary plans to milk this into a franchise of 'Pirate' ('Pirates of the Caribbean') proportions," Blue Sky Disney mentioned.
Serving as the follow-up to 1982 "Tron", "Tron Legacy" will follow Sam Flynn as he investigates the disappearance of his father Kevin. Pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years, he manages to find Kevin. Now, he has to join forces with Kevin and Kevin's loyal confidant on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
In addition to Garrett Hedlund, the film has Jeff Bridges tapped to reprise his role of Kevin Flynn. Also among the cast are Olivia Wilde who stars as Quorra, Michael Sheen as Caster and Bruce Boxleitner as Alan Gartner. This sci-fi will open wide in theaters across the U.S. on December 17, while the trailer for the film will be attached to "Alice in Wonderland" which will hit theaters on March 5.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance