'Fast Five' Fastens Onto Summer 2011 Release
Universal Pictures has set the release date for "Fast Five", Box Office Mojo reports. After announcing their plan to make this fifth installment of "The Fast and the Furious" film franchise in early February this year, the studio eyes to drop the movie in the U.S. on June 10, 2011.
At the same time, Universal has also made an adjustment to release date for "MacGruber". Originally planned to be debuted on April 23 this year, the action comedy is now pushed back for about a month and gets May 21 as the new slot.
"Fast Five" will reunite Vin Diesel and Paul Walker who have starred in three previous "The Fast and the Furious" films (both actors skipped "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"). They will reprise their roles as Dom and Brian who, in the upcoming movie, will be seen as fugitives and being pursued by relentless lawmen.
Justin Lin who directed the third and fourth film has been tapped to return to the same position for this "Fast and Furious" follow-up which will be produced by Neal Moritz, producer of every film in the series. Chris Morgan writes the script while principal photography is expected to begin later this year.
"MacGruber", in the meantime, is based on a recurring sketch on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". Will Forte leads as an American hero who decides to sign on for a mission to save his country with the help of an elite team of experts. He is joined by Val Kilmer, Ryan Phillippe and Kristen Wiig in the cast for this Jorma Taccone-directed movie.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal