'Fast Five' Fastens Onto Summer 2011 Release
Universal Pictures has set the release date for "Fast Five", Box Office Mojo reports. After announcing their plan to make this fifth installment of "The Fast and the Furious" film franchise in early February this year, the studio eyes to drop the movie in the U.S. on June 10, 2011.
At the same time, Universal has also made an adjustment to release date for "MacGruber". Originally planned to be debuted on April 23 this year, the action comedy is now pushed back for about a month and gets May 21 as the new slot.
"Fast Five" will reunite Vin Diesel and Paul Walker who have starred in three previous "The Fast and the Furious" films (both actors skipped "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift"). They will reprise their roles as Dom and Brian who, in the upcoming movie, will be seen as fugitives and being pursued by relentless lawmen.
Justin Lin who directed the third and fourth film has been tapped to return to the same position for this "Fast and Furious" follow-up which will be produced by Neal Moritz, producer of every film in the series. Chris Morgan writes the script while principal photography is expected to begin later this year.
"MacGruber", in the meantime, is based on a recurring sketch on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". Will Forte leads as an American hero who decides to sign on for a mission to save his country with the help of an elite team of experts. He is joined by Val Kilmer, Ryan Phillippe and Kristen Wiig in the cast for this Jorma Taccone-directed movie.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why