Katharine McPhee Lands Lead Role in NBC Pilot
From "Ugly Betty" to "The House Bunny" to "CSI: NY", Katharine McPhee continues scoring acting gigs after she graduated from "American Idol" season 5. She auditioned for a part on NBC's new pilot "The Pink House" and landed a lead role.
The story revolves around two guys, named John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who live in a beach house down in Los Angeles. The Midwesterners moved to the city "determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties," THR reported.
McPhee's role is a girl named Emily who lives in an apartment behind the guys' house. A down-to-earth Midwest girl, Emily "finds her healthy figure at odds with the California beach-bunny standard."
Neither premiere schedule nor male lead cast have been announced.
More Katharine McPhee News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift