Katharine McPhee Lands Lead Role in NBC Pilot
From "Ugly Betty" to "The House Bunny" to "CSI: NY", Katharine McPhee continues scoring acting gigs after she graduated from "American Idol" season 5. She auditioned for a part on NBC's new pilot "The Pink House" and landed a lead role.
The story revolves around two guys, named John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who live in a beach house down in Los Angeles. The Midwesterners moved to the city "determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties," THR reported.
McPhee's role is a girl named Emily who lives in an apartment behind the guys' house. A down-to-earth Midwest girl, Emily "finds her healthy figure at odds with the California beach-bunny standard."
Neither premiere schedule nor male lead cast have been announced.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen