Katharine McPhee Lands Lead Role in NBC Pilot
From "Ugly Betty" to "The House Bunny" to "CSI: NY", Katharine McPhee continues scoring acting gigs after she graduated from "American Idol" season 5. She auditioned for a part on NBC's new pilot "The Pink House" and landed a lead role.
The story revolves around two guys, named John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who live in a beach house down in Los Angeles. The Midwesterners moved to the city "determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties," THR reported.
McPhee's role is a girl named Emily who lives in an apartment behind the guys' house. A down-to-earth Midwest girl, Emily "finds her healthy figure at odds with the California beach-bunny standard."
Neither premiere schedule nor male lead cast have been announced.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young