Katharine McPhee Lands Lead Role in NBC Pilot
From "Ugly Betty" to "The House Bunny" to "CSI: NY", Katharine McPhee continues scoring acting gigs after she graduated from "American Idol" season 5. She auditioned for a part on NBC's new pilot "The Pink House" and landed a lead role.
The story revolves around two guys, named John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who live in a beach house down in Los Angeles. The Midwesterners moved to the city "determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties," THR reported.
McPhee's role is a girl named Emily who lives in an apartment behind the guys' house. A down-to-earth Midwest girl, Emily "finds her healthy figure at odds with the California beach-bunny standard."
Neither premiere schedule nor male lead cast have been announced.
More Katharine McPhee News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes