Video: Avril Lavigne Closing 2010 Winter Olympics
Live from Vancouver, this year's Winter Olympics was closed with a live performance from Avril Lavigne. Taking the stage of BC Place Stadium in front of thousands of sport mania, she delivered a medley of "My Happy Ending" and "Girlfriend".
Before Avril was called to sing, Simple Plan rocked the stadium with "Your Love Is a Lie". The band's performance was followed by Alanis Morissette who entertained the viewers with "Wunderkind" and Nickelback who played two songs; "How You Remind Me" and "Burn It to the Ground".
Michael Buble was the next performer. After the jazz singer delivered "Maple Leaf Forever", Canadian actor Michael J. Fox came out for a speech and got a standing ovation from the audience. "Canada is a big tent. And if you're good at something, we will claim you," he said. "I lived in the U.S. for 30 years. But if the U.S. is playing Canada in hockey, I'm sorry; I'm wearing a maple leaf on my sweater."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding