Video: Avril Lavigne Closing 2010 Winter Olympics
Live from Vancouver, this year's Winter Olympics was closed with a live performance from Avril Lavigne. Taking the stage of BC Place Stadium in front of thousands of sport mania, she delivered a medley of "My Happy Ending" and "Girlfriend".
Before Avril was called to sing, Simple Plan rocked the stadium with "Your Love Is a Lie". The band's performance was followed by Alanis Morissette who entertained the viewers with "Wunderkind" and Nickelback who played two songs; "How You Remind Me" and "Burn It to the Ground".
Michael Buble was the next performer. After the jazz singer delivered "Maple Leaf Forever", Canadian actor Michael J. Fox came out for a speech and got a standing ovation from the audience. "Canada is a big tent. And if you're good at something, we will claim you," he said. "I lived in the U.S. for 30 years. But if the U.S. is playing Canada in hockey, I'm sorry; I'm wearing a maple leaf on my sweater."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame