'Wanted 2' Still Alive Without Angelina Jolie
It seems that filmmakers still want "Wanted 2" although it will be minus Angelina Jolie. Following report of her departure from the upcoming film, co-creator of "Wanted" comic book series Mark Millar has addressed the issue, saying that the sequel is still going on sans the lead actress.
"What I heard was that there's filming this year for a release at the end of next year," Millar sounded optimist when telling STV, before adding "so the plot that they had will have some modifications now, her character will have to be written out completely."
Speaking about the idea to bring Jolie's character back from death in the upcoming film, Millar admitted he prefers to stay true to the original plot. "I think it's actually more authentic if they keep her dead. She was the star of the movie really, but how cool is it to have the star dead and bring in another cool character for the next one," he gushed.
However, he noted that everything about the next project is still subject to change, stating "We'll see what happens, I don't know, it changes every day. Again, things get so out of your hands with film because 300 people are involved, whereas with comics it's just you and your artist."
In late February, it was reported that movie bosses scrapped plans for a follow-up to "Wanted (2008)" after Angelina Jolie decided to pull out of the project. However, Universal insiders told The Hollywood Reporter that the sequel is still alive.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13