'Shrek Forever After' Will Open 2010 Tribeca Film Festival
"Shrek Forever After" will have its world premiere at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. The DreamWorks' 3-D animation will serve as the festival's opening-night film and is going to be screened on April 21 or a month before its U.S. release schedule.
"We have always sought to open our festival with films that are captivating and strike an emotional chord with moviegoers," Tribeca fest co-founder Jane Rosenthal said about the movie. " 'Shrek Forever After' combines the very best storytelling and artistry, while showcasing the wonders of 3D filmmaking."
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg spoke in return, "DreamWorks Animation is honored to bring the world premiere of 'Shrek Forever After' to New York City for the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. It is a great privilege and tribute to our entire cast and crew to have been chosen as this year's opening night selection."
Presented by American Express, this year's Tribeca Film Festival will be held from April 21 until May 2. Full feature film line-up will be announced on March 10 and 15, and tickets for the festival will go on sale starting April 13.
"Shrek Forever After" will follow the green ogre as he loses his roar and tries to save his friends, restore his world and reclaim his one True Love after being tricked into Rumpelstiltskin's mischief. Mike Myers and Cameron Diaz are back as the voices of Shrek and Fiona, joined by Kathy Griffin, Kristin Schaal, Jon Hamm and many others among the cast ensemble. The film is set to be dropped in theaters across the U.S. on May 21.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance