'Shrek Forever After' Will Open 2010 Tribeca Film Festival
"Shrek Forever After" will have its world premiere at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. The DreamWorks' 3-D animation will serve as the festival's opening-night film and is going to be screened on April 21 or a month before its U.S. release schedule.
"We have always sought to open our festival with films that are captivating and strike an emotional chord with moviegoers," Tribeca fest co-founder Jane Rosenthal said about the movie. " 'Shrek Forever After' combines the very best storytelling and artistry, while showcasing the wonders of 3D filmmaking."
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg spoke in return, "DreamWorks Animation is honored to bring the world premiere of 'Shrek Forever After' to New York City for the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. It is a great privilege and tribute to our entire cast and crew to have been chosen as this year's opening night selection."
Presented by American Express, this year's Tribeca Film Festival will be held from April 21 until May 2. Full feature film line-up will be announced on March 10 and 15, and tickets for the festival will go on sale starting April 13.
"Shrek Forever After" will follow the green ogre as he loses his roar and tries to save his friends, restore his world and reclaim his one True Love after being tricked into Rumpelstiltskin's mischief. Mike Myers and Cameron Diaz are back as the voices of Shrek and Fiona, joined by Kathy Griffin, Kristin Schaal, Jon Hamm and many others among the cast ensemble. The film is set to be dropped in theaters across the U.S. on May 21.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'