Artist of the Week: Jason Derulo
From the one who usually sees other artists cracking the charts with his self-written singles, Jason Derulo now becomes renowned singer who scores his own chart-topping song. After ruling Billboard Hot 100 with debut single "Whatcha Say", he is currently extending his reign across the pond with his second single "In My Head".
Produced by J.R. Rotem, his catchy tune successfully knocks previous champ Simon Cowell's all-star charity track "Everybody Hurts" to drop eight slots to the ninth position. This is Jason's first U.K. No. 1 single. Last year, he could only reach No. 3 in the country's singles chart when releasing "Whatcha Say".
"I'm very pleased people have been so respective to the new single," the singer/songwriter previously said of the positive response he received from music fans for his tracks. "But it's just the beginning," he added.
Indeed, there is more to come from him as a self-titled album "Jason Derulo" in which the two hit singles appear is going to hit the U.S. market on March 2. And, Jason who once served as Lady GaGa's Monster Ball opening act plans to embark on his first solo concert later this year.
More Jason Derulo News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App