Artist of the Week: Jason Derulo
From the one who usually sees other artists cracking the charts with his self-written singles, Jason Derulo now becomes renowned singer who scores his own chart-topping song. After ruling Billboard Hot 100 with debut single "Whatcha Say", he is currently extending his reign across the pond with his second single "In My Head".
Produced by J.R. Rotem, his catchy tune successfully knocks previous champ Simon Cowell's all-star charity track "Everybody Hurts" to drop eight slots to the ninth position. This is Jason's first U.K. No. 1 single. Last year, he could only reach No. 3 in the country's singles chart when releasing "Whatcha Say".
"I'm very pleased people have been so respective to the new single," the singer/songwriter previously said of the positive response he received from music fans for his tracks. "But it's just the beginning," he added.
Indeed, there is more to come from him as a self-titled album "Jason Derulo" in which the two hit singles appear is going to hit the U.S. market on March 2. And, Jason who once served as Lady GaGa's Monster Ball opening act plans to embark on his first solo concert later this year.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight