Artist of the Week: Jason Derulo
From the one who usually sees other artists cracking the charts with his self-written singles, Jason Derulo now becomes renowned singer who scores his own chart-topping song. After ruling Billboard Hot 100 with debut single "Whatcha Say", he is currently extending his reign across the pond with his second single "In My Head".
Produced by J.R. Rotem, his catchy tune successfully knocks previous champ Simon Cowell's all-star charity track "Everybody Hurts" to drop eight slots to the ninth position. This is Jason's first U.K. No. 1 single. Last year, he could only reach No. 3 in the country's singles chart when releasing "Whatcha Say".
"I'm very pleased people have been so respective to the new single," the singer/songwriter previously said of the positive response he received from music fans for his tracks. "But it's just the beginning," he added.
Indeed, there is more to come from him as a self-titled album "Jason Derulo" in which the two hit singles appear is going to hit the U.S. market on March 2. And, Jason who once served as Lady GaGa's Monster Ball opening act plans to embark on his first solo concert later this year.
More Jason Derulo News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'