Artist of the Week: Jason Derulo
From the one who usually sees other artists cracking the charts with his self-written singles, Jason Derulo now becomes renowned singer who scores his own chart-topping song. After ruling Billboard Hot 100 with debut single "Whatcha Say", he is currently extending his reign across the pond with his second single "In My Head".
Produced by J.R. Rotem, his catchy tune successfully knocks previous champ Simon Cowell's all-star charity track "Everybody Hurts" to drop eight slots to the ninth position. This is Jason's first U.K. No. 1 single. Last year, he could only reach No. 3 in the country's singles chart when releasing "Whatcha Say".
"I'm very pleased people have been so respective to the new single," the singer/songwriter previously said of the positive response he received from music fans for his tracks. "But it's just the beginning," he added.
Indeed, there is more to come from him as a self-titled album "Jason Derulo" in which the two hit singles appear is going to hit the U.S. market on March 2. And, Jason who once served as Lady GaGa's Monster Ball opening act plans to embark on his first solo concert later this year.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift