Robert Pattinson Talks About 'Bel Ami' Sex Scenes
Robert Pattinson's fans should be prepared to see his sultry side in "Bel Ami". Billed to play Georges Duroy, whom he previously described as a totally amoral character, the British actor has teased that "there's a lot of sex" in the upcoming movie.
"[The film] is like the complete antithesis of what you normally think period dramas are about," Pattinson says to MTV, trying to explain the relation of sex with the storyline. "In Paris, everybody was just going nuts. It was like the 1980s. Sex was a kind of a weapon and a tool, and it's odd."
He then gives preview of how the raunchy moment will be featured in "Bel Ami" by comparing it to his sex scenes in forthcoming "Remember Me". "It's incredibly different. The [sex scenes] in 'Remember Me' are pretty tender, and in 'Bel Ami' there's something very mercenary about it in a lot of ways," he claims.
Adapted from Guy de Maupassant's novel with the same name, "Bel Ami" centers its story on Georges Duroy, a man who rises to the top by manipulating a series of powerful and wealthy mistresses. Robert Pattinson will share screen with Uma Thurman who is slated to star as a woman who is extremely involved and connected in the goings-on of Parisian society before later becomes his wife.
Other actresses who have been tapped to seduce Pattinson in the film include Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas. Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod serve behind the lens with the script penned by Rachel Bennette. The film has kicked off principal photography in early February and is slated for 2011 release schedule.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics