Robert Pattinson Talks About 'Bel Ami' Sex Scenes
Robert Pattinson's fans should be prepared to see his sultry side in "Bel Ami". Billed to play Georges Duroy, whom he previously described as a totally amoral character, the British actor has teased that "there's a lot of sex" in the upcoming movie.
"[The film] is like the complete antithesis of what you normally think period dramas are about," Pattinson says to MTV, trying to explain the relation of sex with the storyline. "In Paris, everybody was just going nuts. It was like the 1980s. Sex was a kind of a weapon and a tool, and it's odd."
He then gives preview of how the raunchy moment will be featured in "Bel Ami" by comparing it to his sex scenes in forthcoming "Remember Me". "It's incredibly different. The [sex scenes] in 'Remember Me' are pretty tender, and in 'Bel Ami' there's something very mercenary about it in a lot of ways," he claims.
Adapted from Guy de Maupassant's novel with the same name, "Bel Ami" centers its story on Georges Duroy, a man who rises to the top by manipulating a series of powerful and wealthy mistresses. Robert Pattinson will share screen with Uma Thurman who is slated to star as a woman who is extremely involved and connected in the goings-on of Parisian society before later becomes his wife.
Other actresses who have been tapped to seduce Pattinson in the film include Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas. Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod serve behind the lens with the script penned by Rachel Bennette. The film has kicked off principal photography in early February and is slated for 2011 release schedule.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'