'Lost' Spoilers Unveiled at 27th Annual PaleyFest
On Saturday, February 27, "Lost" took the baton from "Modern Family" that kicked off this year's Paley Festival on Friday. Several in attendance to support the sold-out panel were the show's producers, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse as well as cast such as Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, Zuleikha Robinson and Nester Carbonell.
Several spoilers came out during the panel that night, but first the team opened the discussion with a glimpse of the upcoming episode, "Sundown". Miles meets Sayid inside the temple and Sayid says he's leaving because he has been banished. Miles then tells him the truth, "They tried to save your life. You were a dead man for two hours." There's also a scene of Claire telling Dogen that "he" wants him out of the temple.
After the sneak peek, Cuse and Lindelof revealed that they were in the stage of writing the series' finale. Asked whether any last-minutes changes were made, Cuse admitted there were some adjustments to some characters but they are minor. Producers/writers Elizabeth Sarnoff, Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz meanwhile are writing and working on the penultimate episode.
Another important note is that not all questions will be answered. "We're not going to explain who The Economist is," Lindelof said about the unknown which Ben has asked Sayid to hunt for. Cuse chimed in, "There's a lot of little questioned that unfortunately we just don't have time to answer in the amount of time that we have left. Ultimately, the way we look at it is that if the characters don't care about that question, then we as storytellers don't care about that question. So, for instance, we're not going to stop in the finale and explain who the economist was who Sayid shot on the golf course."
In the next few episodes, the show will finally see an interaction between Richard and Ilana, reveal whom Jack was married to, explain Hurley and Libby's connection as well as the Hurley bird and bring back Charlie and Vincent.
The discussion was spiced with some jokes and light topics. At one point, the moderator wanted to ask "who's the best kisser?" to Evangeline Lilly, but since she was not present he switched to Emerson and asked "who's the best hitter?". To this the actor who plays punch-bag Ben said, "The younger the actor, the more inflamed the performance, the more likely they are to hit you."
There was also the idea of changing the Tom Sawyer island in Disney World to Lost Island. Lindelof said one of the rides could be a dark room where people are spun and smacked in the face. "You've just had the Lost experience!" Lindelof said with a laugh.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?