Jennifer Lopez Spoofed 'We Are the World' Remake on 'SNL'
Although her new album will not be released until summer and she has no imminent movie to be promoted, Jennifer Lopez delivered a grande performance on "Saturday Night Live". In one sketch, she spoofed "We Are the World" remake which was recorded for Haiti recently, dressed as Rihanna complete with the cropped wig and hipster sunglasses.
Lopez mocked Rihanna's signature singing adding "eh" at the end of every phrase. "There comes a time, eh!, when we heed a certain call, eh!" she sang the opening verse. She was accompanied by Kristen Wiig as Gwen Stefani, Bill Hader as Eddie Vedder and a number of other comedians dressed as Lady GaGa, Shakira, Adam Lambert and Willie Nelson, among others.
In another skit, Lopez was a confused reporter who reports the Winter Olympics for Telemundo and in another one, she was interviewed by Wiig and Hader to talk about her upcoming movie. Beside the sketches, she sang live two songs from her upcoming album "Love?".
Earlier that night, Lopez kept her opening monologue short and clear. "The first time I was on this show was 10 years ago," she said. "...Back then I was single and traveling around with a big entourage. But people grow up. Now I'm married with two beautiful children." Kennan Thomson then appeared as her discarded entourage member, followed by two drag queens, one of whom wore her infamous green dress.
More Saturday Night Live News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident