Jennifer Lopez Spoofed 'We Are the World' Remake on 'SNL'
Although her new album will not be released until summer and she has no imminent movie to be promoted, Jennifer Lopez delivered a grande performance on "Saturday Night Live". In one sketch, she spoofed "We Are the World" remake which was recorded for Haiti recently, dressed as Rihanna complete with the cropped wig and hipster sunglasses.
Lopez mocked Rihanna's signature singing adding "eh" at the end of every phrase. "There comes a time, eh!, when we heed a certain call, eh!" she sang the opening verse. She was accompanied by Kristen Wiig as Gwen Stefani, Bill Hader as Eddie Vedder and a number of other comedians dressed as Lady GaGa, Shakira, Adam Lambert and Willie Nelson, among others.
In another skit, Lopez was a confused reporter who reports the Winter Olympics for Telemundo and in another one, she was interviewed by Wiig and Hader to talk about her upcoming movie. Beside the sketches, she sang live two songs from her upcoming album "Love?".
Earlier that night, Lopez kept her opening monologue short and clear. "The first time I was on this show was 10 years ago," she said. "...Back then I was single and traveling around with a big entourage. But people grow up. Now I'm married with two beautiful children." Kennan Thomson then appeared as her discarded entourage member, followed by two drag queens, one of whom wore her infamous green dress.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group