'Green Zone' Hits New York for Star-Studded Premiere
"Green Zone" will not arrive until March 12, but a premiere in anticipation for its theatrical release has been held in the Big Apple on February 25. Among those gracing the red carpet for the celebration were Matt Damon and Brendan Gleeson.
Wearing a formal tux, Matt came to the AMC Loews Lincoln Square for the premiere along with his wife Luciana Barroso who looked gorgeous in a blue one-shoulder. Unlike Matt who had a companion by his side, Brendan arrived solo like his many other castmates Nicoye Banks, Amy Ryan, Khalid Abdalla and Jason Isaacs.
Director Paul Greengrass was also spotted attending the event. Other celebrities showing up at the Thursday event included Beth Ostrosky Stern, Andrew McCarthy, Julia Stiles and Howard Stern.
"Green Zone" is set in the chaotic early days of the Iraqi War when no one could be trusted and every decision could detonate unforeseen consequences. It follows Roy Miller, played by Matt Damon, and his team of Army inspectors when they are dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut