'Green Zone' Hits New York for Star-Studded Premiere
"Green Zone" will not arrive until March 12, but a premiere in anticipation for its theatrical release has been held in the Big Apple on February 25. Among those gracing the red carpet for the celebration were Matt Damon and Brendan Gleeson.
Wearing a formal tux, Matt came to the AMC Loews Lincoln Square for the premiere along with his wife Luciana Barroso who looked gorgeous in a blue one-shoulder. Unlike Matt who had a companion by his side, Brendan arrived solo like his many other castmates Nicoye Banks, Amy Ryan, Khalid Abdalla and Jason Isaacs.
Director Paul Greengrass was also spotted attending the event. Other celebrities showing up at the Thursday event included Beth Ostrosky Stern, Andrew McCarthy, Julia Stiles and Howard Stern.
"Green Zone" is set in the chaotic early days of the Iraqi War when no one could be trusted and every decision could detonate unforeseen consequences. It follows Roy Miller, played by Matt Damon, and his team of Army inspectors when they are dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress