David Goyer Not Yet Signed On to Write 'Superman' Movie
Another talent behind "Batman" reboot could be used to resurrect "Superman" franchise. After Christopher Nolan is said to have been pointed by Warner Bros. Pictures to play a "godfather", his "Batman Begins" co-scribe David Goyer reportedly has been asked to pen the script for the next film about this flying superhero.
The news was first brought into attention by Latino Review which claimed their trusted source has learned that Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary Pictures, liked Goyer's idea to take "Superman" movies back to the John Byrne incarnation so he hired him. Ain't It Cool News, however, noted that the deal has not been sealed yet between Goyer and Legendary.
Additionally, the source managed to get other information, mentioning that the next "Superman" film will be called "The Man of Steel". Brandon Routh, who stars in "Superman Returns", as well as the original director Bryan Singer are not expected to return to the upcoming movie, so Latino further reported.
Previously, it was said the upcoming "Superman" film that involves Nolan will not serve as a sequel to "Superman Returns" but it will be a completely new franchise. The movie is also going to be a joint project by Warner Bros. and Legendary Picture.
More Man of Steel News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her