Video: Kellan Lutz Supports PETA's Animal Adoption Campaign
Kellan Lutz follows Christian Serratos' steps to become a spokesperson for PETA. But unlike his "Twilight" co-star, Lutz did not take off his clothes to promote animal adoption. Instead, he poses fully-clothed with his rescued mutt named Kola.
"It's our job to take [animals] under our wing and take care of them and give them a place to live," Lutz said on the campaign. According to the organization, more than 7 million cats and dogs are left at animal shelters in the U.S. and half of them must be euthanized due to lack of good homes. Lutz described the situation in shelters, saying "You can feel the pain that they go through."
Along with the ad, Lutz also appeared for an interview which is captured in the video below. Describing the moment he met Kola and adopted her, Lutz said, "She wanted a home, and I think that she could tell that I was the right owner for her. And from that day on, I just loved her. ...Kola is my best friend."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen