Video: Kellan Lutz Supports PETA's Animal Adoption Campaign
Kellan Lutz follows Christian Serratos' steps to become a spokesperson for PETA. But unlike his "Twilight" co-star, Lutz did not take off his clothes to promote animal adoption. Instead, he poses fully-clothed with his rescued mutt named Kola.
"It's our job to take [animals] under our wing and take care of them and give them a place to live," Lutz said on the campaign. According to the organization, more than 7 million cats and dogs are left at animal shelters in the U.S. and half of them must be euthanized due to lack of good homes. Lutz described the situation in shelters, saying "You can feel the pain that they go through."
Along with the ad, Lutz also appeared for an interview which is captured in the video below. Describing the moment he met Kola and adopted her, Lutz said, "She wanted a home, and I think that she could tell that I was the right owner for her. And from that day on, I just loved her. ...Kola is my best friend."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance