Winners List of 2010 NME Awards, Jonas Brothers Voted Worst Band
This year, Shockwaves NME Awards has been held at the O2 Academy Brixton Wednesday, February 24. Leading the winners list of the annual event were such bands as Kasabian, Muse and Jonas Brothers with two prizes.
While Kasabian and Muse were named the best in two categories they were nominated, the Jonas boys were voted the worst in their nominated fields. Kasabian's "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" won Best Album and its artwork was also picked the best by NME readers.
Muse, meanwhile, received Best British Band, beating Arctic Monkeys, Biffy Clyro, Kasabian and Oasis. This three-piece band also took home another award, Best Website, for their official website.
And, trio Jonas Brothers repeated their history. After getting Worst Band and Album last year, they once again came out as the "winners" for the two categories. This time, they saved Green Day, Lady GaGa, U2, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, Paramore and JLS from taking home the "prizes."
This year, several artists who had been nominated in the best categories also appear in the worst category and Paramore is one of them. This band was nominated for Worst Band and Best International Band. While they fortunately missed the former field, the Hayley Williams-fronted group won the latter gong.
But, contradicting issue occurred when Lady GaGa who was saved by Jonas Brothers in Worst Album field won in the best and worst categories she was nominated. The dance queen was named Worst Dressed for her outrageous outfit and at the same time received an honor for Best Dressed.
Another winner is Kanye West who was named Villain of the Year for sparking controversy following 2009 MTV Video Music Awards which saw him interrupting Taylor Swift's Best Female Video acceptance speech. In addition to honoring musicians, it also hands out awards to small and big screen projects. "The Inbetweeners" and "Inglourious Basterds" won Best TV show and Best Film respectively.
Winners List of 2010 NME Awards:
- Best British Band: Muse
- Best Festival: Glastonbury
- Best International Band: Paramore
- Best Solo Artist: Jamie T
- Best New Band: Bombay Bicycle Club
- Best Live Band: Arctic Monkeys
- Best Album: "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" by Kasabian
- Best Track: "Dominos" by The Big Pink
- Best Video: "The Captain" by Biffy Clyro
- Best Dancefloor Filler: "In for the Kill (Skream Remix)" by La Roux
- Worst Album: "Lines, Vines and Trying Times" by Jonas Brothers
- Worst Band: Jonas Brothers
- Best Live Event: Blur's Hyde Park concert in 2009
- Best DVD: "The Mighty Boosh" - Future Sailors tour DVD
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: The Specials
- Philip Hall Radar Award: The Drums
- Best Band Blog: Radiohead (Radiohead.com/deadairspace)
- Hero of the Year: Rage Against the Machine
- Villain of the Year: Kanye West
- Best Dressed: Lady GaGa
- Worst Dressed: Lady GaGa
- Best TV Show: "The Inbetweeners"
- Best Film: "Inglourious Basterds"
- Best Website: Muse (Muse.mu)
- Giving It Back Fan Award: Lily Allen
- Best Album Artwork: "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum" by Kasabian
- Godlike Genius Award: Paul Weller
- Hottest Man: Matt Bellamy (Muse)
- Hottest Woman: Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
More Jonas Brothers News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7