'Slumdog Millionaire' Star Picked for 'Dawn of War'
Freida Pinto has landed a role in a Hollywood movie, Variety has reported. The India-born actress has been tapped to star in "Dawn of War" to portray Phaedra, an oracle priestess who must join young warrior Theseus on his quest to prevent the cataclysmic war from erupting.
"The Tudors" actor Henry Cavill has been previously cast as Theseus. The film itself will center its story on Cavill's character who leads his men into battle with the immortal Greek gods to defeat evil and the powerful elder gods of the Titans in order to save mankind.
"Dawn of War" will be produced by Gianni Nunnari along with Mark Canton and Ryan Kavanaugh. Tarsem Singh is on board to direct with the script penned by Jason Keller, Charley Parlapanides and Vlas Parlapanides. Universal Pictures will handle the distribution of this Greek mythology film, which is slated for 2011 release.
Freida Pinto gained sudden raise of fame after playing Latika in British film "Slumdog Millionaire". She then has nabbed a role in "Miral", which also has Willem Dafoe among the cast ensemble. The 25-year-old is additionally set to star in "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" in which she will share screen with top-notch actors such as Antonio Banderas and Anthony Hopkins.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen