T.I.'s Post-Prison Album Slated for Summer Release
T.I.'s new studio album which will be his first effort since being freed from the jail is plotted to be released this summer. The record will be outed along with movie "Takers" in which the rapper plays one of the lead characters and serves as producer.
"We did a deal with the film studio Screen Gems for the movie 'Takers' with T.I. Both the album and the film are coming out at the end of the summer," his manager Jason Geter told MTV. "So, yeah, we have a release date."
Some renowned names attached to the studio project are Danja, The Runners, The-Dream and Trey Songz. "[T.I.] sounds great. He's sounding beautiful. His spirit is really good. He's got the eye of the tiger," The-Dream once said about the collaboration.
Beside tapping acclaimed music makers for the upcoming release, T.I. also recruits new music talents. "We tried out some stuff with these new guys called the TrackSlayers. We're actually working with a lot of new guys. At this point, you don't really chase names. It's about the quality of the material," Geter explained.
T.I. was sentenced to serve 366 days in prison following an October 2007 arrest for illegally attempting to purchase firearms. He was moved to a halfway house in December last year and will be released from the facility on March 26. Once he is a free man, he still has to complete 500 more hours of community service.
He made his first public appearance since getting out of jail at Atlanta's Opera venue earlier this week. He came alongside his fiancee Tameka Cottle in support of her Alzheimer's research fundraiser "For the Love of Our Fathers".
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters