Jennifer Lopez's 'Love?' Will Still Be Released, Due in Summer
Jennifer Lopez released a statement a day after news that she left Sony Music Epic Group emerged. In addition to confirming her departure from the recording company, she also assures fans that her new album "Love?" will not be shelved.
"I am making this statement to put an end to any confusion in regards to my next album, titled 'Love?'," she began. "I have belonged to the Sony family since the beginning of my career as a singer and together we've had great success."
"I have fulfilled my contractual responsibilities with Sony/Epic up to this point, and we have both reached friendly terms about my departure from the label. I'm also happy to say that we've found a new home for my album, 'Love,' and that it is slated for release in the summer of 2010."
She doesn't disclose what label she has been signed to, but rumor suggests she is in talks to seal a deal with Island Def Jam. She was rumored to have met the label's CEO L.A. Reid at the Grammys after-party last month.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist