Jennifer Lopez's 'Love?' Will Still Be Released, Due in Summer
Jennifer Lopez released a statement a day after news that she left Sony Music Epic Group emerged. In addition to confirming her departure from the recording company, she also assures fans that her new album "Love?" will not be shelved.
"I am making this statement to put an end to any confusion in regards to my next album, titled 'Love?'," she began. "I have belonged to the Sony family since the beginning of my career as a singer and together we've had great success."
"I have fulfilled my contractual responsibilities with Sony/Epic up to this point, and we have both reached friendly terms about my departure from the label. I'm also happy to say that we've found a new home for my album, 'Love,' and that it is slated for release in the summer of 2010."
She doesn't disclose what label she has been signed to, but rumor suggests she is in talks to seal a deal with Island Def Jam. She was rumored to have met the label's CEO L.A. Reid at the Grammys after-party last month.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius