Jennifer Lopez's 'Love?' Will Still Be Released, Due in Summer
Jennifer Lopez released a statement a day after news that she left Sony Music Epic Group emerged. In addition to confirming her departure from the recording company, she also assures fans that her new album "Love?" will not be shelved.
"I am making this statement to put an end to any confusion in regards to my next album, titled 'Love?'," she began. "I have belonged to the Sony family since the beginning of my career as a singer and together we've had great success."
"I have fulfilled my contractual responsibilities with Sony/Epic up to this point, and we have both reached friendly terms about my departure from the label. I'm also happy to say that we've found a new home for my album, 'Love,' and that it is slated for release in the summer of 2010."
She doesn't disclose what label she has been signed to, but rumor suggests she is in talks to seal a deal with Island Def Jam. She was rumored to have met the label's CEO L.A. Reid at the Grammys after-party last month.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen