Jennifer Lopez's 'Love?' Will Still Be Released, Due in Summer
Jennifer Lopez released a statement a day after news that she left Sony Music Epic Group emerged. In addition to confirming her departure from the recording company, she also assures fans that her new album "Love?" will not be shelved.
"I am making this statement to put an end to any confusion in regards to my next album, titled 'Love?'," she began. "I have belonged to the Sony family since the beginning of my career as a singer and together we've had great success."
"I have fulfilled my contractual responsibilities with Sony/Epic up to this point, and we have both reached friendly terms about my departure from the label. I'm also happy to say that we've found a new home for my album, 'Love,' and that it is slated for release in the summer of 2010."
She doesn't disclose what label she has been signed to, but rumor suggests she is in talks to seal a deal with Island Def Jam. She was rumored to have met the label's CEO L.A. Reid at the Grammys after-party last month.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival