Matthew Goode Joined 'The Hobbit' Audition
An actor has shown his interest to star in Guillermo del Toro-directed movie "The Hobbit". In an interview with U.K. newspaper Telegraph, Matthew Goode revealed that he had auditioned for Bilbo Baggins. Unfortunately, he was not chosen to tackle the important role.
"Look at the size of me for Christ's sake!" Goode was quoted as saying. The English actor further admitted he wanted the part so bad that he would find it almost impossible to refuse it if the filmmakers picked him, although it means he had to stay several months in New Zealand where film will be shot.
Similar to Goode, Orlando Bloom has uttered his willingness to join the cast of "The Hobbit" to reprise his "The Lord of the Rings" character Legolas. However, so far only Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett who have been confirmed to reprise their roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming adventure movie.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It will be made into two movies with "The Hobbit 2" being planned to be released a year after the first one. Latest report suggested the first film is likely to be pushed back from its original 2011 slot to late 2012.
Peter Jackson, who directed the three "The Lord of the Rings" films, teams up with Fran Walsh to write the script for "The Hobbit". He also serves as producer alongside Fran Walsh, Guillermo del Toro and Philippa Boyens.
As for Matthew Goode, he is best known for his role as Mandy Moore's love interest in "Chasing Liberty". He also has a role in "Watchmen", playing Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias, before then starring as Declan in romantic comedy "Leap Year". His upcoming movie is "Cemetery Junction" which is planned to be dropped in U.K. theaters on April 7.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens