Matthew Goode Joined 'The Hobbit' Audition
An actor has shown his interest to star in Guillermo del Toro-directed movie "The Hobbit". In an interview with U.K. newspaper Telegraph, Matthew Goode revealed that he had auditioned for Bilbo Baggins. Unfortunately, he was not chosen to tackle the important role.
"Look at the size of me for Christ's sake!" Goode was quoted as saying. The English actor further admitted he wanted the part so bad that he would find it almost impossible to refuse it if the filmmakers picked him, although it means he had to stay several months in New Zealand where film will be shot.
Similar to Goode, Orlando Bloom has uttered his willingness to join the cast of "The Hobbit" to reprise his "The Lord of the Rings" character Legolas. However, so far only Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett who have been confirmed to reprise their roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming adventure movie.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It will be made into two movies with "The Hobbit 2" being planned to be released a year after the first one. Latest report suggested the first film is likely to be pushed back from its original 2011 slot to late 2012.
Peter Jackson, who directed the three "The Lord of the Rings" films, teams up with Fran Walsh to write the script for "The Hobbit". He also serves as producer alongside Fran Walsh, Guillermo del Toro and Philippa Boyens.
As for Matthew Goode, he is best known for his role as Mandy Moore's love interest in "Chasing Liberty". He also has a role in "Watchmen", playing Adrian Veidt/Ozymandias, before then starring as Declan in romantic comedy "Leap Year". His upcoming movie is "Cemetery Junction" which is planned to be dropped in U.K. theaters on April 7.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory