Video Premiere: Kanye West's 'Coldest Winter'
Kanye West has debuted a music video for his latest single "Coldest Winter". Directed by Nabil Elderkin, the video sees a woman in a white long dress running through a barren woods in the middle of the night with several black hooded figures chasing her.
"It's pretty minimalistic," Nabil dished on the video concept to MTV. "It's slow and very visual. I just wanted to catch the vibe of the song and not get too literal. Because the lyrics are very close to Kanye and go much deeper than the video goes, obviously hearing the song you know it's very emotional."
Taken from Kanye West's 2008 album "808's & Heartbreak", "Coldest Winter" is a song about losing a loved one. This track is based on the rapper's past relationship with his former fiance and narrates his feeling over the death of his mother.
In the meantime, Kanye West has started making music for his next studio project. He has laid some of the tracks in Hawaii while helping Drake working on his upcoming album "Thank Me Later".
More Kanye West News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos