Video Premiere: Kanye West's 'Coldest Winter'
Kanye West has debuted a music video for his latest single "Coldest Winter". Directed by Nabil Elderkin, the video sees a woman in a white long dress running through a barren woods in the middle of the night with several black hooded figures chasing her.
"It's pretty minimalistic," Nabil dished on the video concept to MTV. "It's slow and very visual. I just wanted to catch the vibe of the song and not get too literal. Because the lyrics are very close to Kanye and go much deeper than the video goes, obviously hearing the song you know it's very emotional."
Taken from Kanye West's 2008 album "808's & Heartbreak", "Coldest Winter" is a song about losing a loved one. This track is based on the rapper's past relationship with his former fiance and narrates his feeling over the death of his mother.
In the meantime, Kanye West has started making music for his next studio project. He has laid some of the tracks in Hawaii while helping Drake working on his upcoming album "Thank Me Later".
More Kanye West News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection