Video Premiere: Kanye West's 'Coldest Winter'
Kanye West has debuted a music video for his latest single "Coldest Winter". Directed by Nabil Elderkin, the video sees a woman in a white long dress running through a barren woods in the middle of the night with several black hooded figures chasing her.
"It's pretty minimalistic," Nabil dished on the video concept to MTV. "It's slow and very visual. I just wanted to catch the vibe of the song and not get too literal. Because the lyrics are very close to Kanye and go much deeper than the video goes, obviously hearing the song you know it's very emotional."
Taken from Kanye West's 2008 album "808's & Heartbreak", "Coldest Winter" is a song about losing a loved one. This track is based on the rapper's past relationship with his former fiance and narrates his feeling over the death of his mother.
In the meantime, Kanye West has started making music for his next studio project. He has laid some of the tracks in Hawaii while helping Drake working on his upcoming album "Thank Me Later".
Kanye West's Coldest Winter" music video
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns