Video Premiere: Kanye West's 'Coldest Winter'
Kanye West has debuted a music video for his latest single "Coldest Winter". Directed by Nabil Elderkin, the video sees a woman in a white long dress running through a barren woods in the middle of the night with several black hooded figures chasing her.
"It's pretty minimalistic," Nabil dished on the video concept to MTV. "It's slow and very visual. I just wanted to catch the vibe of the song and not get too literal. Because the lyrics are very close to Kanye and go much deeper than the video goes, obviously hearing the song you know it's very emotional."
Taken from Kanye West's 2008 album "808's & Heartbreak", "Coldest Winter" is a song about losing a loved one. This track is based on the rapper's past relationship with his former fiance and narrates his feeling over the death of his mother.
In the meantime, Kanye West has started making music for his next studio project. He has laid some of the tracks in Hawaii while helping Drake working on his upcoming album "Thank Me Later".
More Kanye West News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech