Video Premiere: Kanye West's 'Coldest Winter'
Kanye West has debuted a music video for his latest single "Coldest Winter". Directed by Nabil Elderkin, the video sees a woman in a white long dress running through a barren woods in the middle of the night with several black hooded figures chasing her.
"It's pretty minimalistic," Nabil dished on the video concept to MTV. "It's slow and very visual. I just wanted to catch the vibe of the song and not get too literal. Because the lyrics are very close to Kanye and go much deeper than the video goes, obviously hearing the song you know it's very emotional."
Taken from Kanye West's 2008 album "808's & Heartbreak", "Coldest Winter" is a song about losing a loved one. This track is based on the rapper's past relationship with his former fiance and narrates his feeling over the death of his mother.
In the meantime, Kanye West has started making music for his next studio project. He has laid some of the tracks in Hawaii while helping Drake working on his upcoming album "Thank Me Later".
Kanye West's Coldest Winter" music video
More Kanye West News
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money