Bristol Palin to Educate Teens Through TV Gig
Bristol Palin has become some kind of celebrity since her pregnancy news came out in 2008 whilst her mother was campaigning for a vice president slot. She is now one step closer to take the status to a different direction, guest starring in ABC Family's "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" as teen mom aka herself.
"Bristol Palin is the most famous teenage mother in America," says the show's executive producer Brenda Hampton in a statement. "I think she will bring additional attention to the issues facing teen parents that we've been exploring for a couple of seasons now."
In the series, Palin will befriend Shailene Woodley's Amy at a music program designed for teen moms. "I am thrilled to be on this show and to be a part of a program that educates teens and young adults about the consequences of teen pregnancy," the 19-year-old said. Palin will travel to Los Angeles to shoot the episode which will be aired in summer during the third season.
Bristol Palin was initially engaged to her baby's daddy Levi Johnston but split from him in March 2009. She has since become the spokesperson for abstinence and spoke against teen pregnancy.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift