Bristol Palin to Educate Teens Through TV Gig
Bristol Palin has become some kind of celebrity since her pregnancy news came out in 2008 whilst her mother was campaigning for a vice president slot. She is now one step closer to take the status to a different direction, guest starring in ABC Family's "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" as teen mom aka herself.
"Bristol Palin is the most famous teenage mother in America," says the show's executive producer Brenda Hampton in a statement. "I think she will bring additional attention to the issues facing teen parents that we've been exploring for a couple of seasons now."
In the series, Palin will befriend Shailene Woodley's Amy at a music program designed for teen moms. "I am thrilled to be on this show and to be a part of a program that educates teens and young adults about the consequences of teen pregnancy," the 19-year-old said. Palin will travel to Los Angeles to shoot the episode which will be aired in summer during the third season.
Bristol Palin was initially engaged to her baby's daddy Levi Johnston but split from him in March 2009. She has since become the spokesperson for abstinence and spoke against teen pregnancy.
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online