Selena Gomez to Record Reggae Sound for Next Release
Selena Gomez is ready to make a follow-up to her debut album "Kiss and Tell" which was recorded in 2009 with her band The Scene. The teen songstress said she wants something funkier and edgier for the new effort.
"We were gonna do a deluxe edition of my album, but we started on some songs, so we figured, 'Why not? Let's just go for a second one'," she revealed to MTV. "It's kind of different - older - and it's kind of got, like, a reggae sound."
She is still in the early stages of the album-making process, but already put some names on her collaborators wish list. "Well, I want to work with the producers who did 'Naturally' [Antonina Armato, Tim James and Devrim Karaoglu]. They are so sweet," she said.
In addition, Selena also would like to work with Dr. Luke, the top-notch producer who works on Katy Perry's worldwide hit "I Kissed a Girl" and Ke$ha's club banger "Tik Tok". She stated, "I'd love to work with Dr. Luke. I think he's awesome."
More Selena Gomez News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences