Selena Gomez to Record Reggae Sound for Next Release
Selena Gomez is ready to make a follow-up to her debut album "Kiss and Tell" which was recorded in 2009 with her band The Scene. The teen songstress said she wants something funkier and edgier for the new effort.
"We were gonna do a deluxe edition of my album, but we started on some songs, so we figured, 'Why not? Let's just go for a second one'," she revealed to MTV. "It's kind of different - older - and it's kind of got, like, a reggae sound."
She is still in the early stages of the album-making process, but already put some names on her collaborators wish list. "Well, I want to work with the producers who did 'Naturally' [Antonina Armato, Tim James and Devrim Karaoglu]. They are so sweet," she said.
In addition, Selena also would like to work with Dr. Luke, the top-notch producer who works on Katy Perry's worldwide hit "I Kissed a Girl" and Ke$ha's club banger "Tik Tok". She stated, "I'd love to work with Dr. Luke. I think he's awesome."
More Selena Gomez News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera