Rihanna Goes to New Direction for 'Rated R' Follow-Up
Rihanna is heading to a new direction post releasing dark songs in "Rated R". The Barbadian songstress recently said that she wants something less intense and so plots to make energetic music for her next studio album.
" 'Rated R', I love the sound of it, in terms of the bass," she explained to MTV Korea. "I really like the bottom, the grime of it. But if I were to combine that with more energetic, up-tempo pop records, then I think that will be a happy marriage. And that's where we'll probably go next."
Expressing the roller-coaster experience she received following her altercation with Chris Brown, "Rated R" was released in November 2009. It pulled in over 181,000 copies in its first week on sale and debuted at No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200. By early January 2010, it was certified Platinum for selling more than 1 million copies. All the materials in the album have been remixed by DJ Brooklyn Zoo and reportedly will be released sometime this year.
More Rihanna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special