Rihanna Goes to New Direction for 'Rated R' Follow-Up
Rihanna is heading to a new direction post releasing dark songs in "Rated R". The Barbadian songstress recently said that she wants something less intense and so plots to make energetic music for her next studio album.
" 'Rated R', I love the sound of it, in terms of the bass," she explained to MTV Korea. "I really like the bottom, the grime of it. But if I were to combine that with more energetic, up-tempo pop records, then I think that will be a happy marriage. And that's where we'll probably go next."
Expressing the roller-coaster experience she received following her altercation with Chris Brown, "Rated R" was released in November 2009. It pulled in over 181,000 copies in its first week on sale and debuted at No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200. By early January 2010, it was certified Platinum for selling more than 1 million copies. All the materials in the album have been remixed by DJ Brooklyn Zoo and reportedly will be released sometime this year.
More Rihanna News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!