Rihanna Goes to New Direction for 'Rated R' Follow-Up
Rihanna is heading to a new direction post releasing dark songs in "Rated R". The Barbadian songstress recently said that she wants something less intense and so plots to make energetic music for her next studio album.
" 'Rated R', I love the sound of it, in terms of the bass," she explained to MTV Korea. "I really like the bottom, the grime of it. But if I were to combine that with more energetic, up-tempo pop records, then I think that will be a happy marriage. And that's where we'll probably go next."
Expressing the roller-coaster experience she received following her altercation with Chris Brown, "Rated R" was released in November 2009. It pulled in over 181,000 copies in its first week on sale and debuted at No. 4 on Billboard Hot 200. By early January 2010, it was certified Platinum for selling more than 1 million copies. All the materials in the album have been remixed by DJ Brooklyn Zoo and reportedly will be released sometime this year.
More Rihanna News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role