Jennifer Lopez Leaving Sony Music, In Talks to Join Def Jam
Jennifer Lopez is no longer working under the umbrella of Sony Music Epic Records. The singer decided to go separate ways with her longtime label after having a "heart-to-heart" conversation with Chairman Rob Stringer at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills during the Grammys week.
"Jennifer had a wonderful relationship with the Sony Music group, and they have shared many successes together," her manager Benny Medina told Deadline. "But the time was right to make a change that best serves the direction her career as an actress and recording artist. She is grateful and appreciative to everyone Sony for all that they accomplished together."
Following her departure from the giant recording company, Jennifer reportedly is in talks to sign a deal with Island Def Jam, the current home of such divas as Mariah Carey and Rihanna. She was rumored to have met the label's CEO L.A. Reid at the Grammys after-party last month.
A greatest hits compilation is planned to be released by Sony this fall. But, the fate of her upcoming seventh studio album "Love?" is currently in question despite the fact that two singles from the new album, "Fresh Out the Oven" and "Louboutins", have been embraced by music lovers.
Serving as a buzz song, "Fresh Out the Oven" peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs chart, while its official lead single "Louboutins" failed on the chart, only reaching No. 13. Another single which is plotted to be released is "What Is Love". It is picked up as one of the soundtracks for her upcoming movie "The Back-Up Plan".
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'