Photos: Jay-Z's Second Blueprint 3 Tour Kicked Off
Jay-Z officially kicked off the second leg of his North American Blueprint 3 tour on Saturday, February 20 night at Sunrise, Fla.'s The BankAtlantic Center. Spotted among the audience were his wife Beyonce Knowles, fellow rapper P. Diddy, and sportsman Alex Rodriguez.
Trey Songz warmed up the sold-out show with some of his R&B songs like "I Invented Sex" and "Say Aah". Then the main act emerged from under the stage for a performance of "Run This Town" sans the album version collaborators.
Also included in the play list that night were "Already Home" and "Empire State of Mind", the latter of which was sung with Bridget Kelly's assistance. All the while, the backdrops displayed the New York City's skyline which matches the album's concept in honor of the city.
His protege Memphis Bleek was brought on stage in a couple of songs. About half into the show, Young Jeezy was engaged in "Real as It Gets". He then bought Jay-Z sometime to rest his vocal with his own sets like "My President" before Jay-Z re-appeared with "Big Pimpin' " and "Dirt Off Your Shoulder". The latter song was opened with a video clip of President Barack Obama quoting the song during a speech.
He closed the two-hour show with "Encore" but before that, he took off the sunglasses that he had been wearing that night and said, "I'm not jaded, I appreciate every one of you being here."
More Jay-Z News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says